Dynamic Text Replacement
PHP+ CSSDynamic Text Replacement (with word-wrapping and inner tags)
The initial P+C DTR method by R. Marie Cox was lacking word-wrapping and the ability to use inner tags, so I took the code and rewrote it, giving it more flexibility and performance. Any new ideas or suggestions, please contact me.
CSS Rules that affect the font:
- font-size (in points)
- text-decoration: underline
- text-transform: uppercase/lowercase
Still to come:
The cool thing about this is that you don't need to worry about long headings... also features:
- Valid xhtml and valid css
- Style the element in a regular CSS file
- Uses only open source tools and doesn't require any plugin (unlike sIFR that relies on proprietary Flash)
- Extremely easy setup
- It's free!
Download & Install Instructions:
After more than 3700 downloads, this project is now hosted in Google Code.
- Download the zip and extract the files
- Include the script in your file
- Open the
headings.cssfile to set the font you want to use, colors, size, etc.
- Copy your font files (ttf or otf) to the DTR folder
- Load the files to your server and give write permission to the
If you would like to support further development, please consider a Donation.
If you don't see the heading text images, your server probably does not support PHP image generation.